Scrabble word: MATTER
In which Scrabble dictionary does MATTER exist?
Definitions of MATTER in dictionaries:
- noun - a vaguely specified concern
- noun - some situation or event that is thought about
- noun - that which has mass and occupies space
- noun - a problem
- noun - (used with negation) having consequence
- noun - written works (especially in books or magazines)
- verb - have weight
- adj - not reflecting light
- Something that occupies space and can be perceived by one or more senses; a physical body, a physical substance, or the universe as a whole.
- Something that has mass and exists as a solid, liquid, or gas.
- A specific type of substance: inorganic matter.
- Discharge or waste, such as pus or feces, from a living organism.
- In Aristotelian and Scholastic use, that which is in itself undifferentiated and formless and which, as the subject of change and development, receives form and becomes substance and experience.
- That which is postulated by the mortal mind, regarded as illusion and as the opposite of substance or God: “Spirit is the real and eternal; matter is the unreal and temporal” (Mary Baker Eddy).
- The substance of thought or expression as opposed to the manner in which it is stated or conveyed.
- An approximated quantity, amount, or extent: The construction will last a matter of years.
- Something printed or otherwise set down in writing: reading matter.
- Something sent by mail.
- Composed type.
- Material to be set in type.
- verb - to be of importance