Scrabble word: LIBERAL
In which Scrabble dictionary does LIBERAL exist?
Definitions of LIBERAL in dictionaries:
- noun - a person who favors a political philosophy of progress and reform and the protection of civil liberties
- noun - a person who favors an economic theory of laissez-faire and self-regulating markets
- adj - showing or characterized by broad-mindedness
- adj - having political or social views favoring reform and progress
- adj - tolerant of change
- adj - given or giving freely
- adj - not literal
- Not limited to or by established, traditional, orthodox, or authoritarian attitudes, views, or dogmas; free from bigotry.
- Favoring proposals for reform, open to new ideas for progress, and tolerant of the ideas and behavior of others; broad-minded.
- Tending to give freely; generous: a liberal benefactor.
- Generous in amount; ample: a liberal serving of potatoes.
- Not strict or literal; loose or approximate: a liberal translation.
- Of, relating to, or based on the traditional arts and sciences of a college or university curriculum: a liberal education.
- Permissible or appropriate for a person of free birth; befitting a lady or gentleman.
- Morally unrestrained; licentious.
- noun - a person favorable to progress or reform