Scrabble word: BAIL
In which Scrabble dictionary does BAIL exist?
Definitions of BAIL in dictionaries:
- noun - (criminal law) money that must be forfeited by the bondsman if an accused person fails to appear in court for trial
- noun - the legal system that allows an accused person to be temporarily released from custody (usually on condition that a sum of money guarantees their appearance at trial)
- verb - release after a security has been paid
- verb - deliver something in trust to somebody for a special purpose and for a limited period
- verb - secure the release of (someone) by providing security
- verb - empty (a vessel) by bailing
- verb - remove (water) from a vessel with a container
- Security, usually a sum of money, exchanged for the release of an arrested person as a guarantee of that person’s appearance for trial.
- Release from imprisonment provided by the payment of such money.
- A person who provides this security.
- To secure the release of by providing security.
- To release (a person) for whom security has been paid.
- To extricate from a difficult situation: always bailing you out of trouble.
- To transfer (property) to another for a special purpose but without permanent transference of ownership.
- To remove (water) from a boat by repeatedly filling a container and emptying it over the side.
- To empty a boat of water by bailing.
- To parachute from an aircraft; eject.
- To abandon a project or enterprise.
- The arched, hooplike handle of a container, such as a pail.
- An arch or hoop, such as one of those used to support the top of a covered wagon.
- A hinged bar on a typewriter that holds the paper against the platen.
- A pole or bar used to confine or separate animals.
- One of the two crossbars that form the top of a wicket used in the game of cricket.
- adj - to transfer property temporarily [v -ED, -ING, -S] : BAILABLE
There are 4 letters in BAIL: A B I L
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to BAIL
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word BAIL plus a wildcard: BAIL?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word BAIL
Images for BAIL
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.