Scrabble word: BAIL
In which Scrabble dictionary does BAIL exist?
Definitions of BAIL in dictionaries:
- noun - (criminal law) money that must be forfeited by the bondsman if an accused person fails to appear in court for trial
- noun - the legal system that allows an accused person to be temporarily released from custody (usually on condition that a sum of money guarantees their appearance at trial)
- verb - release after a security has been paid
- verb - deliver something in trust to somebody for a special purpose and for a limited period
- verb - secure the release of (someone) by providing security
- verb - empty (a vessel) by bailing
- verb - remove (water) from a vessel with a container
- Security, usually a sum of money, exchanged for the release of an arrested person as a guarantee of that person’s appearance for trial.
- Release from imprisonment provided by the payment of such money.
- A person who provides this security.
- To secure the release of by providing security.
- To release (a person) for whom security has been paid.
- To extricate from a difficult situation: always bailing you out of trouble.
- To transfer (property) to another for a special purpose but without permanent transference of ownership.
- To remove (water) from a boat by repeatedly filling a container and emptying it over the side.
- To empty a boat of water by bailing.
- To parachute from an aircraft; eject.
- To abandon a project or enterprise.
- The arched, hooplike handle of a container, such as a pail.
- An arch or hoop, such as one of those used to support the top of a covered wagon.
- A hinged bar on a typewriter that holds the paper against the platen.
- A pole or bar used to confine or separate animals.
- One of the two crossbars that form the top of a wicket used in the game of cricket.
- adj - to transfer property temporarily [v -ED, -ING, -S] : BAILABLE