Scrabble word: BELL
In which Scrabble dictionary does BELL exist?
Definitions of BELL in dictionaries:
- noun - a hollow device made of metal that makes a ringing sound when struck
- noun - a push button at an outer door that gives a ringing or buzzing signal when pushed
- noun - the sound of a bell being struck
- noun - (nautical) each of the eight half-hour units of nautical time signaled by strokes of a ship's bell
- noun - the shape of a bell
- noun - a phonetician and father of Alexander Graham Bell (1819-1905)
- noun - English painter
- noun - United States inventor (born in Scotland) of the telephone (1847-1922)
- noun - a percussion instrument consisting of a set of tuned bells that are struck with a hammer
- noun - the flared opening of a tubular device
- verb - attach a bell to
- A hollow metal instrument, usually cup-shaped with a flared opening, that emits a metallic tone when struck.
- The round, flared mouth of a wind instrument.
- A hollow, usually inverted vessel, such as one used for diving deep below the surface of a body of water.
- The corolla of a flower: “In a cowslip’s bell I lie” (Shakespeare).
- A stroke on a hollow metal instrument to mark the hour.
- The time indicated by the striking of this instrument, divided into half hours.
- To put a bell on.
- To assume the form of a bell; flare.
- The bellowing or baying cry of certain animals, such as a deer in rut or a beagle on the hunt.
- verb - to provide with a bell (a ringing device)
There are 4 letters in BELL: B E L L
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to BELL
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word BELL plus a wildcard: BELL?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word BELL
Images for BELL
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.