Scrabble word: GATHER
Is GATHER valid for Scrabble? Check every word game dictionary!
Definitions of GATHER in dictionaries:
- noun - sewing consisting of small folds or puckers made by pulling tight a thread in a line of stitching
- noun - the act of gathering something
- verb - assemble or get together
- verb - collect in one place
- verb - collect or gather
- verb - conclude from evidence
- verb - draw together into folds or puckers
- verb - get people together
- verb - draw and bring closer
- verb - look for (food) in nature
- verb - increase or develop
- To cause to come together; convene.
- To accumulate (something) gradually; amass.
- To harvest or pick: gather flowers; gather wild foods.
- To gain by a process of gradual increase: gather speed.
- To collect into one place; assemble.
- To pick up and enfold: gathered the kittens into her arms.
- To arrange (signatures) in sequence for bookbinding.
- To draw into small folds or puckers, as by pulling a thread through cloth.
- To contract and wrinkle (the brow).
- To draw about or bring (one thing) closer to something else: gathered the shawl about my shoulders.
- To conclude; infer: I gather that a decision has not been reached.
- To summon up; muster: gathered up his courage.
- To attract or be a center of attraction for: The parade gathered a large crowd.
- To come together in a group; assemble.
- To accumulate: Dark clouds are gathering.
- To grow or increase by degrees.
- To come to a head, as a boil; fester.
- To forage for wild foodstuffs.
- The act or an instance of gathering.
- A quantity gathered.
- These verbs mean to bring or come together in a group or mass.
- verb - to bring together into one place or group
There are 6 letters in GATHER: A E G H R T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to GATHER
Click to search all anagrams of GATHER plus a wildcard: GATHER?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word GATHER
6 letter words
5 letter words
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for GATHER
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.