Scrabble word: GATHER
In which Scrabble dictionary does GATHER exist?
Definitions of GATHER in dictionaries:
- noun - sewing consisting of small folds or puckers made by pulling tight a thread in a line of stitching
- noun - the act of gathering something
- verb - assemble or get together
- verb - collect in one place
- verb - collect or gather
- verb - conclude from evidence
- verb - draw together into folds or puckers
- verb - get people together
- verb - draw and bring closer
- verb - look for (food) in nature
- verb - increase or develop
- To cause to come together; convene.
- To accumulate (something) gradually; amass.
- To harvest or pick: gather flowers; gather wild foods.
- To gain by a process of gradual increase: gather speed.
- To collect into one place; assemble.
- To pick up and enfold: gathered the kittens into her arms.
- To arrange (signatures) in sequence for bookbinding.
- To draw into small folds or puckers, as by pulling a thread through cloth.
- To contract and wrinkle (the brow).
- To draw about or bring (one thing) closer to something else: gathered the shawl about my shoulders.
- To conclude; infer: I gather that a decision has not been reached.
- To summon up; muster: gathered up his courage.
- To attract or be a center of attraction for: The parade gathered a large crowd.
- To come together in a group; assemble.
- To accumulate: Dark clouds are gathering.
- To grow or increase by degrees.
- To come to a head, as a boil; fester.
- To forage for wild foodstuffs.
- The act or an instance of gathering.
- A quantity gathered.
- These verbs mean to bring or come together in a group or mass.
- verb - to bring together into one place or group