Scrabble word: DETECTOR
In which Scrabble dictionary does DETECTOR exist?
Definitions of DETECTOR in dictionaries:
- noun - any device that receives a signal or stimulus (as heat or pressure or light or motion etc.) and responds to it in a distinctive manner
- noun - rectifier that extracts modulation from a radio carrier wave
- noun - electronic equipment that detects the presence of radio signals or radioactivity
- One that detects, especially a mechanical, electrical, or chemical device that automatically identifies and records or registers a stimulus, such as an environmental change in pressure or temperature, an electric signal, or radiation from a radioactive material.
- verb - to discover or perceive