Scrabble word: DEDICATE
In which Scrabble dictionary does DEDICATE exist?
Definitions of DEDICATE in dictionaries:
- verb - give entirely to a specific person, activity, or cause
- verb - open to public use, as of a highway, park, or building
- verb - inscribe or address by way of compliment
- verb - set apart to sacred uses with solemn rites, of a church
- To set apart for a deity or for religious purposes; consecrate.
- To set apart for a special use: dedicated their money to scientific research.
- See Synonyms at devote.
- To address or inscribe (a literary work, for example) to another as a mark of respect or affection.
- To open (a building, for example) to public use.
- To show to the public for the first time: dedicate a monument.
- verb - to set apart for some special use