Scrabble word: DEAD
Is DEAD valid for Scrabble? Check every word game dictionary!
Definitions of DEAD in dictionaries:
- noun - people who are no longer living
- noun - a time when coldness (or some other quality associated with death) is intense
- adj - no longer having or seeming to have or expecting to have life
- adj - not showing characteristics of life especially the capacity to sustain life
- adj - very tired
- adj - unerringly accurate
- adj - physically inactive
- adj - (followed by `to') not showing human feeling or sensitivity
- adj - devoid of physical sensation
- adj - lacking acoustic resonance
- adj - not yielding a return
- adj - not circulating or flowing
- adj - not surviving in active use
- adj - lacking resilience or bounce
- adj - out of use or operation because of a fault or breakdown
- adj - no longer having force or relevance
- adj - complete
- adj - drained of electric charge
- adj - devoid of activity
- adv - quickly and without warning
- adv - completely and without qualification
- Having lost life; no longer alive.
- Marked for certain death; doomed: was marked as a dead man by the assassin.
- Having the physical appearance of death: a dead pallor.
- Lacking feeling or sensitivity; numb or unresponsive: Passersby were dead to our pleas for help.
- Weary and worn-out; exhausted.
- Not having the capacity to live; inanimate or inert.
- Not having the capacity to produce or sustain life; barren: dead soil.
- No longer in existence, use, or operation.
- No longer having significance or relevance.
- Physically inactive; dormant: a dead volcano.
- Not commercially productive; idle: dead capital.
- Not circulating or running; stagnant: dead water; dead air.
- Devoid of human or vehicular activity; quiet: a dead town.
- Lacking all animation, excitement, or activity; dull: The party being dead, we left early.
- Having no resonance.
- Having grown cold; having been extinguished: dead coals; a dead flame.
- Lacking elasticity or bounce: That tennis ball is dead.
- Out of operation because of a fault or breakdown: The motor is dead.
- Sudden; abrupt: a dead stop.
- Complete; utter: dead silence.
- Exact; unerring.
- Out of play.
- Lacking connection to a source of electric current.
- Drained of electric charge; discharged: a dead battery.
- One who has died: respect for the dead.
- The period exhibiting the greatest degree of intensity: the dead of winter; the dead of night.
- Absolutely; altogether: You can be dead sure of my innocence.
- Directly; exactly: There’s a gas station dead ahead.
- These adjectives all mean without life.
- adj - deprived of life
- noun - the period of least intensity
There are 4 letters in DEAD: A D D E
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to DEAD
Click to search all anagrams of DEAD plus a wildcard: DEAD?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word DEAD
Images for DEAD
Lookup in Wiki for DEAD
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.