Scrabble word: ADDICT
In which Scrabble dictionary does ADDICT exist?
Definitions of ADDICT in dictionaries:
- noun - someone who is so ardently devoted to something that it resembles an addiction
- noun - someone who is physiologically dependent on a substance
- verb - to cause (someone or oneself) to become dependent (on something, especially a narcotic drug)
- To devote or give (oneself) habitually or compulsively: She was addicted to rock music.
- To cause to become compulsively and physiologically dependent on a habit-forming substance: He was addicted to cocaine.
- One who is addicted, as to narcotics.
- A devoted believer or follower: “We are all... addicts of change” (Christopher Lasch).
- verb - to devote or surrender to something habitually or compulsively