Scrabble word: SUBTLE
In which Scrabble dictionary does SUBTLE exist?
Definitions of SUBTLE in dictionaries:
- adj - difficult to detect or grasp by the mind or analyze
- adj - able to make fine distinctions
- adj - working or spreading in a hidden and usually injurious way
- So slight as to be difficult to detect or analyze; elusive.
- Not immediately obvious; abstruse: “subtle smiles resulting from subjectively humorous experiences unguessed by the world at large” (Josephine Dodge Bacon).
- Able to make fine distinctions: a subtle mind.
- Characterized by skill or ingenuity; clever: “a journalist whose subtle views on the hard issues of our time are rooted in a tough mind and a demanding ethical sensibility” (New Republic).
- Crafty or sly; devious.
- Operating in a hidden, usually injurious way; insidious.
- adv - so slight as to be difficult to detect [adj -TLER, -TLEST] : SUBTLY