Log In to Anagrammer
Scrabble word: SUBTLE
In which Scrabble dictionary does SUBTLE exist?
Definitions of SUBTLE in dictionaries:
- adj - difficult to detect or grasp by the mind or analyze
- adj - able to make fine distinctions
- adj - working or spreading in a hidden and usually injurious way
- So slight as to be difficult to detect or analyze; elusive.
- Not immediately obvious; abstruse: “subtle smiles resulting from subjectively humorous experiences unguessed by the world at large” (Josephine Dodge Bacon).
- Able to make fine distinctions: a subtle mind.
- Characterized by skill or ingenuity; clever: “a journalist whose subtle views on the hard issues of our time are rooted in a tough mind and a demanding ethical sensibility” (New Republic).
- Crafty or sly; devious.
- Operating in a hidden, usually injurious way; insidious.
- adv - so slight as to be difficult to detect [adj -TLER, -TLEST] : SUBTLY
There are 6 letters in SUBTLE: B E L S T U
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to SUBTLE
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word SUBTLE plus a wildcard: SUBTLE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word SUBTLE
6 letter words
5 letter words
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for SUBTLE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.