Scrabble word: STARCH
In which Scrabble dictionary does STARCH exist?
Definitions of STARCH in dictionaries:
- noun - a complex carbohydrate found chiefly in seeds, fruits, tubers, roots and stem pith of plants, notably in corn, potatoes, wheat, and rice
- noun - a commercial preparation of starch that is used to stiffen textile fabrics in laundering
- verb - stiffen with starch
- A naturally abundant nutrient carbohydrate, (C 6H10O5)n, found chiefly in the seeds, fruits, tubers, roots, and stem pith of plants, notably in corn, potatoes, wheat, and rice, and varying widely in appearance according to source but commonly prepared as a white, amorphous, tasteless powder.
- Any of various substances, such as natural starch, used to stiffen cloth, as in laundering.
- Stiff behavior.
- Vigor; mettle.
- verb - to treat with starch (a solid carbohydrate)