Scrabble word: EPISODE
In which Scrabble dictionary does EPISODE exist?
Definitions of EPISODE in dictionaries:
- noun - a happening that is distinctive in a series of related events
- noun - a brief section of a literary or dramatic work that forms part of a connected series
- noun - a part of a broadcast serial
- noun - film consisting of a succession of related shots that develop a given subject in a movie
- An incident or event that is part of a progression or a larger sequence: “South Africa may remain one of history’s most tragic episodes” (Bayard Rustin).
- One of a series of related events in the course of a continuous account.
- A portion of a narrative that relates an event or a series of connected events and forms a coherent story in itself; an incident: an episode in a picaresque novel.
- A separate part of a serialized work, such as a novel or play.
- A section of a classic Greek tragedy that occurs between two choric songs.
- A passage between statements of a main subject or theme, as in a rondo or fugue.
- adj - an incident in the course of a continuous experience [n -S] : EPISODIC