Scrabble word: ECLIPSE
In which Scrabble dictionary does ECLIPSE exist?
Definitions of ECLIPSE in dictionaries:
- noun - one celestial body obscures another
- verb - be greater in significance than
- verb - cause an eclipse of (a celestial body) by intervention
- The partial or complete obscuring, relative to a designated observer, of one celestial body by another.
- The period of time during which such an obscuration occurs.
- A temporary or permanent dimming or cutting off of light.
- A fall into obscurity or disuse; a decline: “A composer... often goes into eclipse after his death and never regains popularity” (Time).
- A disgraceful or humiliating end; a downfall: Revelations of wrongdoing helped bring about the eclipse of the governor’s career.
- To cause an eclipse of.
- To obscure; darken.
- To obscure or diminish in importance, fame, or reputation.
- To surpass; outshine: an outstanding performance that eclipsed the previous record.
- adj - dark or indistinct