Scrabble word: CONTEND
In which Scrabble dictionary does CONTEND exist?
Definitions of CONTEND in dictionaries:
- verb - maintain or assert
- verb - have an argument about something
- verb - to make the subject of dispute, contention, or litigation
- verb - come to terms with
- verb - compete for something
- verb - be engaged in a fight
- To strive in opposition or against difficulties; struggle: armies contending for control of strategic territory; had to contend with long lines at the airport.
- To compete, as in a race; vie.
- To maintain or assert: The defense contended that the evidence was inadmissible.
- verb - to strive for superiority