Is STRAIN valid for Scrabble? Words With Friends? Other games?!
Definitions of STRAIN in various dictionaries:
- noun - (physics) deformation of a physical body under the action of applied forces
- noun - difficulty that causes worry or emotional tension
- noun - a succession of notes forming a distinctive sequence
- noun - (psychology) nervousness resulting from mental stress
- noun - a special variety of domesticated animals within a species
- noun - injury to a muscle (often caused by overuse)
- noun - the general meaning or substance of an utterance
- noun - an effortful attempt to attain a goal
- noun - an intense or violent exertion
- noun - the act of singing
- verb - to exert much effort or energy
- verb - test the limits of
- verb - use to the utmost
- verb - separate by passing through a sieve or other straining device to separate out coarser elements
- verb - cause to be tense and uneasy or nervous or anxious
- verb - become stretched or tense or taut
- verb - remove by passing through a filter
- verb - rub through a strainer or process in an electric blender
- verb - alter the shape of (something) by stress
- To pull, draw, or stretch tight: strained the sheets over the bed.
- To exert or tax to the utmost: straining our ears to hear.
- To injure or impair by overuse or overexertion; wrench: strain a muscle.
- To stretch or force beyond the proper or legitimate limit: strain a point.
- To alter (the relations between the parts of a structure or shape) by applying an external force; deform.
- To pass (gravy, for example) through a filtering agent such as a strainer.
- To draw off or remove by filtration: strained the pulp from the juice.
- To embrace or clasp tightly; hug.
- To make violent or steady efforts; strive hard: straining to reach the finish line.
- To be or become wrenched or twisted.
- To be subjected to great stress.
- To pull forcibly or violently: The dog strained at its leash.
- To stretch or exert one’s muscles or nerves to the utmost.
- To filter, trickle, or ooze.
- To be extremely hesitant; balk: a mule that strained at the lead.
- The act of straining.
- The state of being strained.
- Extreme or laborious effort, exertion, or work.
- A great or excessive pressure, demand, or stress on one’s body, mind, or resources: the strain of managing both a family and a career.
- A wrench, twist, or other physical injury resulting from excessive tension, effort, or use.
- A deformation produced by stress.
- An exceptional degree or pitch: a strain of zealous idealism.
- The collective descendants of a common ancestor; a race, stock, line, or breed.
- Any of the various lines of ancestry united in an individual or a family; ancestry or lineage.
- A group of organisms of the same species, having distinctive characteristics but not usually considered a separate breed or variety: a superior strain of wheat; a smooth strain of bacteria.
- An artificial variety of a domestic animal or cultivated plant.
- A kind or sort: imaginings of a morbid strain.
- An inborn or inherited tendency or character.
- A streak; a trace.
- The tone, tenor, or substance of a verbal utterance or of a particular action or behavior: spoke in a passionate strain.
- A prevailing quality, as of attitude or behavior.
- A passage of expression; a tune or an air: melodic strains of the violin.
- A passage of poetic and especially lyrical expression.
- An outburst or a flow of eloquent or impassioned language.
- verb - to exert to the utmost
There are 6 letters in STRAIN: A I N R S T
Scrabble results that can be created with an extra letter added to STRAIN
To search all scrabble anagrams of STRAIN, to go: STRAIN?
Rearrange the letters in STRAIN and see some winning combinations
6 letters out of STRAIN
5 letters out of STRAIN
4 letters out of STRAIN
3 letters out of STRAIN
2 letters out of STRAIN
Contextual use of STRAIN
What's nearby STRAIN
Lookup in Wiki for STRAIN
Anagrammer is a game resource site that has been extremely popular with players of popular games like Scrabble, Lexulous, WordFeud, Letterpress, Ruzzle, Hangman and so forth. We maintain regularly updated dictionaries of almost every game out there. To be successful in these board games you must learn as many valid words as possible, but in order to take your game to the next level you also need to improve your anagramming skills, spelling, counting and probability analysis. Make sure to bookmark every unscrambler we provide on this site. Explore deeper into our site and you will find many educational tools, flash cards and so much more that will make you a much better player. This page covers all aspects of STRAIN, do not miss the additional links under "More about: STRAIN"