Is SIT valid for Scrabble? Words With Friends? Other games?!
Definitions of SIT in various dictionaries:
- verb - be seated
- verb - be around, often idly or without specific purpose
- verb - take a seat
- verb - be in session
- verb - assume a posture as for artistic purposes
- verb - sit and travel on the back of animal, usually while controlling its motions
- verb - be located or situated somewhere
- verb - work or act as a baby-sitter
- verb - show to a seat
- verb - serve in a specific professional capacity
- To rest with the torso vertical and the body supported on the buttocks.
- To rest with the hindquarters lowered onto a supporting surface.
- To perch.
- To cover eggs for hatching; brood.
- To be situated or located: a house that sits on a hill.
- See Usage Note at set1.
- To pose for an artist or a photographer.
- To occupy a seat as a member of a body of officials: sit in Congress.
- To be in session.
- To remain inactive or unused: Her expensive skis sat gathering dust.
- To affect one with or as if with a burden; weigh: Official duties sat heavily upon the governor.
- To fit, fall, or drape in a specified manner: The jacket sits perfectly on you.
- To be agreeable to one; please: The idea didn’t sit well with any of us.
- Chiefly British.
- To blow from a particular direction.
- To keep watch or take care of a child.
- To cause to sit; seat: Sit yourself over there.
- To keep one’s seat on (an animal): She sits her horse well.
- To sit on (eggs) for the purpose of hatching.
- To provide seating accommodation for: a theater that sits 1,000 people.
- The act of sitting.
- A period of time spent sitting.
- The way in which an article of clothing, such as a dress or jacket, fits.
- To attend or participate in as a visitor: sat in on the discussion.
- To take part in a sit-in.
- To confer about.
- To postpone action or resolution regarding.
- To rebuke sharply; reprimand.
- To stay until the end of.
- To refrain from taking part in: sit out a dance.
- To rise from lying down to a sitting position.
- To sit with the spine erect.
- To stay up later than the customary bedtime.
- To be in a very favorable position.
- verb - to rest on the buttocks
There are 3 letters in SIT: I S T
Scrabble results that can be created with an extra letter added to SIT
To search all scrabble anagrams of SIT, to go: SIT?
Rearrange the letters in SIT and see some winning combinations
Contextual use of SIT
What's nearby SIT
Lookup in Wiki for SIT
Anagrammer is a game resource site that has been extremely popular with players of popular games like Scrabble, Lexulous, WordFeud, Letterpress, Ruzzle, Hangman and so forth. We maintain regularly updated dictionaries of almost every game out there. To be successful in these board games you must learn as many valid words as possible, but in order to take your game to the next level you also need to improve your anagramming skills, spelling, counting and probability analysis. Make sure to bookmark every unscrambler we provide on this site. Explore deeper into our site and you will find many educational tools, flash cards and so much more that will make you a much better player. This page covers all aspects of SIT, do not miss the additional links under "More about: SIT"