Scrabble word: SUBJECT
In which Scrabble dictionary does SUBJECT exist?
Definitions of SUBJECT in dictionaries:
- noun - the subject matter of a conversation or discussion
- noun - something (a person or object or scene) selected by an artist or photographer for graphic representation
- noun - a branch of knowledge
- noun - some situation or event that is thought about
- noun - (grammar) one of the two main constituents of a sentence
- noun - a person who is subjected to experimental or other observational procedures
- noun - a person who owes allegiance to that nation
- noun - (logic) the first term of a proposition
- verb - cause to experience or suffer or make liable or vulnerable to
- verb - make accountable for
- verb - make subservient
- verb - refer for judgment or consideration
- adj - possibly accepting or permitting
- adj - being under the power or sovereignty of another or others
- adj - likely to be affected by something
- Being in a position or in circumstances that place one under the power or authority of another or others: All citizens in this nation are subject to the law.
- Prone; disposed: a child who is subject to colds.
- Likely to incur or receive; exposed: a directive that could be subject to misinterpretation.
- Contingent or dependent: Your vacation is subject to the changing weather patterns.
- One who is under the rule of another or others, especially one who owes allegiance to a government or ruler.
- One concerning which something is said or done: She is a subject of gossip in the office.
- Something that is treated or indicated in a work of art.
- A theme of a composition, especially a fugue.
- A course or area of study: Math is her best subject.
- A basis for action; a cause.
- One that experiences or is subjected to something: They made him the subject of ridicule.
- One that is the object of clinical study: The experiment involved 12 subjects.
- One who is under surveillance: The subject was observed leaving the scene of the murder.
- A corpse intended for study and dissection.
- The noun, noun phrase, or pronoun in a sentence or clause that denotes the doer of the action or what is described by the predicate and that in some languages, such as English, can be identified by its characteristic position in simple sentences and in other languages, such as Latin, by inflectional endings.
- The term of a proposition about which something is affirmed or denied.
- The essential nature or substance of something as distinguished from its attributes.
- The mind or thinking part as distinguished from the object of thought.
- To submit for consideration.
- To submit to the authority of.
- To expose to something: The patients on that ward were subjected to infection.
- To cause to experience: The campers were subjected to extreme weather.
- These nouns denote the principal idea or point of a speech, a piece of writing, or an artistic work.
- verb - to cause to experience
There are 7 letters in SUBJECT: B C E J S T U
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to SUBJECT
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word SUBJECT plus a wildcard: SUBJECT?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word SUBJECT
Images for SUBJECT
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.