Scrabble word: JUST
In which Scrabble dictionary does JUST exist?
Definitions of JUST in dictionaries:
- adj - used especially of what is legally or ethically right or proper or fitting
- adj - fair to all parties as dictated by reason and conscience
- adj - free from favoritism or self-interest or bias or deception
- adj - of moral excellence
- adv - and nothing more
- adv - indicating exactness or preciseness
- adv - only a moment ago
- adv - absolutely
- adv - only a very short time before
- adv - exactly at this moment or the moment described
- Honorable and fair in one’s dealings and actions: a just ruler.
- Consistent with what is morally right; righteous: a just cause.
- Properly due or merited: just deserts.
- Valid within the law; lawful: just claims.
- Suitable or proper in nature; fitting: a just touch of solemnity.
- Based on fact or sound reason; well-founded: a just appraisal.
- Precisely; exactly: just enough salt.
- Only a moment ago: He just arrived.
- By a narrow margin; barely: just missed being hit; just caught the bus before it pulled away.
- At a little distance: just down the road.
- Merely; only: just a scratch.
- Perhaps; possibly: I just may go.
- adj - acting in conformity with what is morally good
- verb - to engage in personal combat