Scrabble word: JET
In which Scrabble dictionary does JET exist?
Definitions of JET in dictionaries:
- noun - an airplane powered by one or more jet engines
- noun - the occurrence of a sudden discharge (as of liquid)
- noun - a hard black form of lignite that takes a brilliant polish and is used in jewelry or ornamentation
- noun - atmospheric discharges (lasting 10 msec) bursting from the tops of giant storm clouds in blue cones that widen as they flash upward
- noun - street names for ketamine
- noun - an artificially produced flow of water
- verb - issue in a jet
- verb - fly a jet plane
- adj - of the blackest black
- A dense black coal that takes a high polish and is used for jewelry.
- A deep black.
- Made of or resembling a dense, black, highly polished coal.
- Black as coal: jet hair.
- A high-velocity fluid stream forced under pressure out of a small-diameter opening or nozzle.
- An outlet, such as a nozzle, used for emitting such a stream.
- Something emitted in or as if in a high-velocity fluid stream: “such myriad and such vivid jets of images” (Henry Roth).
- A jetpropelled vehicle, especially a jet-propelled aircraft.
- A jet engine.
- To travel by jet aircraft: jetted from Houston to Los Angeles.
- To propel outward or squirt, as under pressure: “Any man might... hang around... jetting tobacco juice” (Ross Lockridge, Jr.
- verb - to spurt forth in a stream