Scrabble word: PRELUDE
In which Scrabble dictionary does PRELUDE exist?
Definitions of PRELUDE in dictionaries:
- noun - something that serves as a preceding event or introduces what follows
- noun - music that precedes a fugue or introduces an act in an opera
- verb - serve as a prelude or opening to
- verb - play as a prelude
- An introductory performance, event, or action preceding a more important one; a preliminary or preface.
- An independent piece written for piano and usually based on a single, short thematic motif.
- An independent, relatively long piece that precedes a fugue.
- The first or opening section of a suite.
- The overture to an oratorio, opera, or act of an opera.
- A piece played before a church service; an introductory voluntary.
- A relatively short composition of the 15th and early 16th centuries written in a free style, usually for piano.
- To serve as a prelude to.
- To serve as a prelude or an introduction.
- verb - to play a musical introduction