Scrabble word: FILTER
In which Scrabble dictionary does FILTER exist?
Definitions of FILTER in dictionaries:
- noun - device that removes something from whatever passes through it
- noun - an electrical device that alters the frequency spectrum of signals passing through it
- verb - remove by passing through a filter
- verb - pass through
- verb - run or flow slowly, as in drops or in an unsteady stream
- A porous material through which a liquid or gas is passed in order to separate the fluid from suspended particulate matter.
- A device containing such a substance.
- Any of various electric, electronic, acoustic, or optical devices used to reject signals, vibrations, or radiations of certain frequencies while passing others.
- To pass (a liquid or gas) through a filter.
- To remove by passing through a filter: filter out impurities.
- To pass through or as if through a filter: Light filtered through the blinds.
- To come or go gradually and in small groups: The audience filtered back into the hall.
- verb - to pass through a filter (a device for removing suspended matter)