Scrabble word: FACTOR
In which Scrabble dictionary does FACTOR exist?
Definitions of FACTOR in dictionaries:
- noun - anything that contributes causally to a result
- noun - an abstract part of something
- noun - one of two or more integers that can be exactly divided into another integer
- noun - a businessman who buys or sells for another in exchange for a commission
- noun - any of the numbers (or symbols) that form a product when multiplied together
- noun - an independent variable in statistics
- noun - (genetics) a segment of DNA that is involved in producing a polypeptide chain
- verb - resolve into factors
- verb - be a contributing factor
- verb - consider as relevant when making a decision
- One that actively contributes to an accomplishment, a result, or a process: “Surprise is the greatest factor in war” (Tom Clancy).
- One who acts for someone else; an agent.
- A person or firm that accepts accounts receivable as security for short-term loans.
- One of two or more quantities that divides a given quantity without a remainder: 2 and 3 are factors of 6; a and b are factors of ab.
- A quantity by which a stated quantity is multiplied or divided, so as to indicate an increase or decrease in a measurement: The rate increased by a factor of ten.
- A gene.
- A substance that functions in a specific biochemical reaction or bodily process, such as blood coagulation.
- verb - to express as a product of two or more quantities