Scrabble word: TRIBUTE
In which Scrabble dictionary does TRIBUTE exist?
Definitions of TRIBUTE in dictionaries:
- noun - something given or done as an expression of esteem
- noun - payment by one nation for protection by another
- noun - payment extorted by gangsters on threat of violence
- A gift, payment, declaration, or other acknowledgment of gratitude, respect, or admiration: put up a plaque as a tribute to his generosity.
- Evidence attesting to some praiseworthy quality or characteristic: Her home is a tribute to her good taste.
- A payment in money or other valuables made by one ruler or nation to another in acknowledgment of submission or as the price of protection or security.
- A tax imposed for such payment.
- Any payment exacted for protection.
- A payment or tax given by a feudal vassal to an overlord.
- The obligation to make such a payment.
- noun - something given to show respect, gratitude, or admiration