Scrabble word: SPRING
Is SPRING valid for Scrabble? Check every word game dictionary!
Definitions of SPRING in dictionaries:
- noun - the season of growth
- noun - a metal elastic device that returns to its shape or position when pushed or pulled or pressed
- noun - a natural flow of ground water
- noun - a point at which water issues forth
- noun - the elasticity of something that can be stretched and returns to its original length
- noun - a light, self-propelled movement upwards or forwards
- verb - move forward by leaps and bounds
- verb - develop into a distinctive entity
- verb - spring back
- verb - develop suddenly
- verb - produce or disclose suddenly or unexpectedly
- To move upward or forward in a single quick motion or a series of such motions; leap.
- To move suddenly on or as if on a spring: The door sprang shut.
- To appear or come into being quickly: New businesses were springing up rapidly.
- To issue or emerge suddenly: A cry sprang from her lips.
- To extend or curve upward, as an arch.
- To arise from a source; develop.
- To become warped, split, or cracked.
- To move out of place; come loose, as parts of a mechanism.
- To pay another’s expenses: He said he would spring for the dinner.
- To cause to leap, dart, or come forth suddenly.
- To jump over; vault.
- To release from a checked or inoperative position; actuate: spring a trap.
- To cause to warp, split, or crack, as a mast.
- To bend by force.
- To present or disclose unexpectedly or suddenly: “He sprung on the world this novel approach to political journalism” (Curtis Wilkie).
- To cause to be released from prison or other confinement.
- An elastic device, such as a coil of wire, that regains its original shape after being compressed or extended.
- An actuating force or factor; a motive.
- Elasticity; resilience.
- Energetic bounce: a spring to one’s step.
- The act or an instance of jumping or leaping.
- A usually rapid return to normal shape after removal of stress; recoil.
- A small stream of water flowing naturally from the earth.
- A source, an origin, or a beginning.
- The season of the year, occurring between winter and summer, during which the weather becomes warmer and plants revive, extending in the Northern Hemisphere from the vernal equinox to the summer solstice and popularly considered to comprise March, April, and May.
- A time of growth and renewal.
- A warping, bending, or cracking, as that caused by excessive force.
- The point at which an arch or a vault rises from its support.
- Of or acting like a spring; resilient.
- Having or supported by springs: a spring mattress.
- Of, having to do with, occurring in, or appropriate to the season of spring: spring showers; spring planting.
- Grown during the season of spring: spring crops.
- verb - to move upward suddenly and swiftly
There are 6 letters in SPRING: G I N P R S
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to SPRING
Click to search all anagrams of SPRING plus a wildcard: SPRING?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word SPRING
Images for SPRING
Lookup in Wiki for SPRING
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.