Scrabble word: SCUPPER
In which Scrabble dictionary does SCUPPER exist?
Definitions of SCUPPER in dictionaries:
- noun - drain that allows water on the deck of a vessel to flow overboard
- verb - wait in hiding to attack
- verb - put in a dangerous, disadvantageous, or difficult position
- An opening in the side of a ship at deck level to allow water to run off.
- An opening for draining off water, as from a floor or the roof of a building.
- To overwhelm or massacre.
- To ruin or destroy: “The world oil glut combined with disastrous federal energy policies to scupper Alberta’s economy” (Christian Science Monitor).
- verb - to attack from a concealed place