Scrabble word: PRETEND
In which Scrabble dictionary does PRETEND exist?
Definitions of PRETEND in dictionaries:
- noun - the enactment of a pretense
- verb - make believe with the intent to deceive
- verb - behave unnaturally or affectedly
- verb - put forward a claim and assert right or possession of
- verb - put forward, of a guess, in spite of possible refutation
- verb - represent fictitiously, as in a play, or pretend to be or act like
- verb - state insincerely
- adj - imagined as in a play
- To give a false appearance of; feign: “You had to pretend conformity while privately pursuing high and dangerous nonconformism” (Anthony Burgess).
- To claim or allege insincerely or falsely; profess: doesn’t pretend to be an expert.
- To represent fictitiously in play; make believe: pretended they were on a cruise.
- To take upon oneself; venture: I cannot pretend to say that you are wrong.
- To feign an action or a character, as in play.
- To put forward a claim.
- Imitation; make-believe: pretend money; pretend pearls.
- verb - to assume or display a false appearance of
There are 7 letters in PRETEND: D E E N P R T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to PRETEND
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word PRETEND plus a wildcard: PRETEND?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word PRETEND
7 letter words
6 letter words
5 letter words
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for PRETEND
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.