Scrabble word: PRAYER
In which Scrabble dictionary does PRAYER exist?
Definitions of PRAYER in dictionaries:
- noun - the act of communicating with a deity (especially as a petition or in adoration or contrition or thanksgiving)
- noun - reverent petition to a deity
- noun - earnest or urgent request
- noun - a fixed text used in praying
- noun - someone who prays to God
- A reverent petition made to God, a god, or another object of worship.
- The act of making a reverent petition to God, a god, or another object of worship.
- An act of communion with God, a god, or another object of worship, such as in devotion, confession, praise, or thanksgiving: One evening a week, the family would join together in prayer.
- A specially worded form used to address God, a god, or another object of worship.
- A fervent request: Her prayer for rain was granted at last.
- The thing requested: His safe arrival was their only prayer.
- The slightest chance or hope: In a storm the mountain climbers won’t have a prayer.
- The request of a complainant, as stated in a complaint or in equity, that the court grant the aid or relief solicited.
- The section of the complaint or bill that contains this request.
- One who prays.
- noun - a devout petition to a deity