Scrabble word: PRY
In which Scrabble dictionary does PRY exist?
Definitions of PRY in dictionaries:
- noun - a heavy iron lever with one end forged into a wedge
- verb - to move or force, especially in an effort to get something open
- verb - be nosey
- verb - search or inquire in a meddlesome way
- verb - make an uninvited or presumptuous inquiry
- The act of prying.
- An excessively inquisitive person; a snoop.
- To raise, move, or force open with a lever.
- To obtain with effort or difficulty: pried a confession out of the suspect.
- adv - to inquire impertinently into private matters [v PRIED, PRYING, PRIES] : PRYINGLY