Scrabble word: PARRY
In which Scrabble dictionary does PARRY exist?
Definitions of PARRY in dictionaries:
- noun - (fencing) blocking a lunge or deflecting it with a circular motion of the sword
- noun - a return punch (especially by a boxer)
- verb - impede the movement of (an opponent or a ball)
- verb - avoid or try to avoid fulfilling, answering, or performing (duties, questions, or issues)
- To deflect or ward off (a fencing thrust, for example).
- To deflect or ward off a thrust or blow.
- The deflecting or warding off of a thrust or blow, as in fencing.
- An evasive answer or action.
- verb - to ward off a blow