Scrabble word: PARITY
In which Scrabble dictionary does PARITY exist?
Definitions of PARITY in dictionaries:
- noun - (obstetrics) the number of liveborn children a woman has delivered
- noun - (mathematics) a relation between a pair of integers: if both integers are odd or both are even they have the same parity
- noun - (computer science) a bit that is used in an error detection procedure in which a 0 or 1 is added to each group of bits so that it will have either an odd number of 1's or an even number of 1's
- noun - (physics) parity is conserved in a universe in which the laws of physics are the same in a right-handed system of coordinates as in a left-handed system
- noun - functional equality
- Equality, as in amount, status, or value.
- Functional equivalence, as in the weaponry or military strength of adversaries: “A problem that has troubled the U.
- The equivalent in value of a sum of money expressed in terms of a different currency at a fixed, official rate of exchange.
- Equality of prices of goods or securities in two different markets.
- A level for farm-product prices maintained by governmental support and intended to give farmers the same purchasing power they had during a chosen base period.
- The even or odd quality of an integer.
- P Physics.
- An intrinsic symmetry property of subatomic particles that is characterized by the behavior of the wave function of such particles under reflection through the origin of spatial coordinates.
- A quantum number, either +1 (even) or –1 (odd), that mathematically describes this property.
- Computer Science.
- The even or odd quality of the number of 1’s or 0’s in a binary code, often used to determine the integrity of data especially after transmission.
- A parity bit.
- The condition of having given birth.
- The number of children borne by one woman.
- adj - having the same capability, quantity, or effect as another
- verb - to be equal to