Scrabble word: ORDEAL
In which Scrabble dictionary does ORDEAL exist?
Definitions of ORDEAL in dictionaries:
- noun - a severe or trying experience
- noun - a primitive method of determining a person's guilt or innocence by subjecting the accused person to dangerous or painful tests believed to be under divine control
- A difficult or painful experience, especially one that severely tests character or endurance.
- A method of trial in which the accused was subjected to physically painful or dangerous tests, the result being regarded as a divine judgment of guilt or innocence.
- noun - a severely difficult or painful experience