Scrabble word: DAMPEN
In which Scrabble dictionary does DAMPEN exist?
Definitions of DAMPEN in dictionaries:
- verb - smother or suppress
- verb - make moist
- verb - deaden (a sound or noise), especially by wrapping
- verb - reduce the amplitude (of oscillations or waves)
- verb - make vague or obscure or make (an image) less visible
- verb - check
- verb - lessen in force or effect
- To make damp.
- To deaden, restrain, or depress: “trade moves... aimed at dampening protectionist pressures in Congress” (Christian Science Monitor).
- To become damp.
- verb - to make or become moist