Scrabble word: SOCIETY
In which Scrabble dictionary does SOCIETY exist?
Definitions of SOCIETY in dictionaries:
- noun - an extended social group having a distinctive cultural and economic organization
- noun - a formal association of people with similar interests
- noun - the state of being with someone
- noun - the fashionable elite
- The totality of social relationships among human beings.
- A group of human beings broadly distinguished from other groups by mutual interests, participation in characteristic relationships, shared institutions, and a common culture.
- The institutions and culture of a distinct self-perpetuating group.
- An organization or association of persons engaged in a common profession, activity, or interest: a folklore society; a society of bird watchers.
- The rich, privileged, and fashionable social class.
- The socially dominant members of a community.
- Companionship; company: enjoys the society of friends and family members.
- A colony or community of organisms, usually of the same species: an insect society.
- adj - an organized group of persons [n -ETIES] : SOCIETAL