Scrabble word: SHINGLE
In which Scrabble dictionary does SHINGLE exist?
Definitions of SHINGLE in dictionaries:
- noun - building material used as siding or roofing
- noun - coarse beach gravel of small waterworn stones and pebbles (or a stretch of shore covered with such gravel)
- noun - a small signboard outside the office of a lawyer or doctor, e.g.
- verb - cover with shingles
- A thin oblong piece of material, such as wood or slate, that is laid in overlapping rows to cover the roof or sides of a house or other building.
- A small signboard, as one indicating a professional office: She has to take the bar exam before she can hang out her shingle.
- A woman’s close-cropped haircut.
- To cover (a roof or building) with shingles.
- To cut (hair) short and close to the head.
- Beach gravel consisting of large smooth pebbles unmixed with finer material.
- A stretch of shore or beach covered with such gravel.
- verb - to cover with shingles (thin, oblong pieces of building material)