Scrabble word: PROFESS
In which Scrabble dictionary does PROFESS exist?
Definitions of PROFESS in dictionaries:
- verb - practice as a profession, teach, or claim to be knowledgeable about
- verb - confess one's faith in, or allegiance to
- verb - admit (to a wrongdoing)
- verb - state freely
- verb - receive into a religious order or congregation
- verb - take vows, as in religious order
- verb - state insincerely
- To affirm openly; declare or claim: “I profess both to learn and to teach anatomy, not from books but from dissections” (William Harvey).
- To make a pretense of; pretend: “He professed to despise everything that had happened since 1850” (Louis Auchincloss).
- To claim skill in or knowledge of: profess medicine.
- To affirm belief in: profess Catholicism.
- To receive into a religious order or congregation.
- To make an open affirmation.
- To take the vows of a religious order or congregation.
- verb - to affirm openly
There are 7 letters in PROFESS: E F O P R S S
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to PROFESS
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word PROFESS plus a wildcard: PROFESS?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word PROFESS
7 letter words
6 letter words
5 letter words
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for PROFESS
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.