Scrabble word: PROFESS
In which Scrabble dictionary does PROFESS exist?
Definitions of PROFESS in dictionaries:
- verb - practice as a profession, teach, or claim to be knowledgeable about
- verb - confess one's faith in, or allegiance to
- verb - admit (to a wrongdoing)
- verb - state freely
- verb - receive into a religious order or congregation
- verb - take vows, as in religious order
- verb - state insincerely
- To affirm openly; declare or claim: “I profess both to learn and to teach anatomy, not from books but from dissections” (William Harvey).
- To make a pretense of; pretend: “He professed to despise everything that had happened since 1850” (Louis Auchincloss).
- To claim skill in or knowledge of: profess medicine.
- To affirm belief in: profess Catholicism.
- To receive into a religious order or congregation.
- To make an open affirmation.
- To take the vows of a religious order or congregation.
- verb - to affirm openly