Scrabble word: PIONEER
In which Scrabble dictionary does PIONEER exist?
Definitions of PIONEER in dictionaries:
- noun - someone who helps to open up a new line of research or technology or art
- noun - one the first colonists or settlers in a new territory
- verb - open up an area or prepare a way
- verb - take the lead or initiative in
- verb - open up and explore a new area
- One who ventures into unknown or unclaimed territory to settle.
- One who opens up new areas of thought, research, or development: a pioneer in aviation.
- A soldier who performs construction and demolition work in the field to facilitate troop movements.
- An animal or plant species that establishes itself in a previously barren environment.
- Of, relating to, or characteristic of early settlers: the pioneer spirit.
- Leading the way; trailblazing: a pioneer treatment for cancer.
- To open up (an area) or prepare (a way): rockets that pioneered outer space.
- To settle (a region).
- To act as a pioneer: pioneered in development of the laser.
- verb - to take part in the beginnings of