Scrabble word: PASSAGE
In which Scrabble dictionary does PASSAGE exist?
Definitions of PASSAGE in dictionaries:
- noun - the act of passing from one state or place to the next
- noun - a section of text
- noun - a way through or along which someone or something may pass
- noun - the passing of a law by a legislative body
- noun - a journey usually by ship
- noun - a short section of a musical composition
- noun - a path or channel or duct through or along which something may pass
- noun - a bodily reaction of changing from one place or stage to another
- noun - the motion of one object relative to another
- noun - the act of passing something to another person
- A movement from one place to another, as by going by, through, over, or across; transit or migration.
- The process of elapsing: the passage of time.
- The process of passing from one condition or stage to another; transition: the passage from childhood to adulthood.
- Enactment into law of a legislative measure.
- A journey, especially one by air or water: a rough passage on the stormy sea.
- The right to travel as a passenger, especially on a ship: book passage; pay for one’s passage.
- The right, permission, or power to come and go freely: Only medical supply trucks were granted safe passage through enemy territory.
- A path, channel, or duct through, over, or along which something may pass: the nasal passages.
- A corridor.
- An occurrence or event: “Another encouraging passage took place... when heads of state... took note of the extraneous factors affecting their economies that are beyond their control” (Helen Kitchen).
- Something, such as an exchange of words or blows, that occurs between two persons: a passage at arms.
- A segment of a written work or speech: a celebrated passage from Shakespeare.
- A segment of a composition, especially one that demonstrates the virtuousity of the composer or performer: a passage of exquisite beauty, played to perfection.
- A section of a painting or other piece of artwork; a detail.
- An act of emptying, as of the bowels.
- The process of passing or maintaining a group of microorganisms or cells through a series of hosts or cultures.
- To execute such a trot in dressage.
- verb - to make a voyage