Scrabble word: PEG
In which Scrabble dictionary does PEG exist?
Definitions of PEG in dictionaries:
- noun - a wooden pin pushed or driven into a surface
- noun - small markers inserted into a surface to mark scores or define locations etc.
- noun - informal terms for the leg
- noun - a prosthesis that replaces a missing leg
- noun - regulator that can be turned to regulate the pitch of the strings of a stringed instrument
- noun - a holder attached to the gunwale of a boat that holds the oar in place and acts as a fulcrum for rowing
- verb - succeed in obtaining a position
- verb - pierce with a wooden pin or knock or thrust a wooden pin into
- verb - fasten or secure with a wooden pin
- verb - stabilize (the price of a commodity or an exchange rate) by legislation or market operations
- A small cylindrical or tapered pin, as of wood, used to fasten things or plug a hole.
- A similar pin forming a projection that may be used as a support or boundary marker.
- One of the pins of a stringed instrument that are turned to tighten or slacken the strings so as to regulate their pitch.
- A degree or notch, as in estimation: Our opinion of him went up a few pegs after he did the dishes.
- A drink of liquor.
- A low and fast throw made to put a base runner out.
- A leg, especially a wooden one.
- To fasten or plug with a peg or pegs.
- To designate or mark by means of a peg or pegs.
- To fix (a price) at a certain level or within a certain range.
- To classify; categorize: I pegged her as an opportunist.
- To throw.
- verb - to fasten with a peg (a wooden pin)