Scrabble word: ETIOLATE
In which Scrabble dictionary does ETIOLATE exist?
Definitions of ETIOLATE in dictionaries:
- verb - make weak by stunting the growth or development of
- verb - bleach and alter the natural development of (a green plant) by excluding sunlight
- verb - make pale or sickly
- adj - (especially of plants) developed without chlorophyll by being deprived of light
- To cause (a plant) to develop without chlorophyll by preventing exposure to sunlight.
- To cause to appear pale and sickly: a face that was etiolated from years in prison.
- To become blanched or whitened, as when grown without sunlight.
- adj - of the color of pure snow