Scrabble word: CRADLE
In which Scrabble dictionary does CRADLE exist?
Definitions of CRADLE in dictionaries:
- noun - a baby bed with sides and rockers
- noun - where something originated or was nurtured in its early existence
- noun - birth of a person
- noun - a trough that can be rocked back and forth
- verb - hold gently and carefully
- verb - bring up from infancy
- verb - hold or place in or as if in a cradle
- verb - cut grain with a cradle scythe
- verb - wash in a cradle
- verb - run with the stick
- A small low bed for an infant, often furnished with rockers.
- The earliest period of life: from the cradle to the grave.
- A place of origin; a birthplace: the cradle of civilization.
- A framework of wood or metal used to support something, such as a ship undergoing construction or repair.
- A framework used to protect an injured limb.
- A low flat framework that rolls on casters, used by a mechanic working beneath an automobile.
- The part of a telephone that contains the connecting switch upon which the receiver and mouthpiece unit is supported.
- A frame projecting above a scythe, used to catch grain as it is cut so that it can be laid flat.
- A scythe equipped with such a frame.
- A boxlike device furnished with rockers, used for washing gold-bearing dirt.
- To place or retain in or as if in a cradle.
- To care for or nurture in infancy.
- To hold or support protectively: cradled the cat in his arms.
- To reap (grain) with a cradle.
- To place or support (a ship, for example) in a cradle.
- To lie in or as if in a cradle.
- verb - to nurture during infancy