Scrabble word: CONCEIT
In which Scrabble dictionary does CONCEIT exist?
Definitions of CONCEIT in dictionaries:
- noun - feelings of excessive pride
- noun - an elaborate poetic image or a far-fetched comparison of very dissimilar things
- noun - a witty or ingenious turn of phrase
- noun - an artistic device or effect
- noun - the trait of being unduly vain and conceited
- A favorable and especially unduly high opinion of one’s own abilities or worth.
- An ingenious or witty turn of phrase or thought.
- A fanciful poetic image, especially an elaborate or exaggerated comparison.
- A poem or passage consisting of such an image.
- The result of intellectual activity; a thought or an opinion.
- A fanciful thought or idea.
- A fancy article; a knickknack.
- An extravagant, fanciful, and elaborate construction or structure: “An eccentric addition to the lobby is a life-size wooden horse, a 19th century conceit” (Mimi Sheraton).
- To take a fancy to.
- To understand; conceive.
- verb - to form a mental picture of