Scrabble word: STANDBY
In which Scrabble dictionary does STANDBY exist?
Definitions of STANDBY in dictionaries:
- noun - something that can be relied on when needed
- noun - an actor able to replace a regular performer when required
- adj - ready for emergency use
- One that can always be relied on, as in an emergency.
- A favorite or frequent choice.
- One kept in readiness to serve as a substitute.
- Kept in reserve for use when needed: a standby generator.
- Of, relating to, or waiting for unreserved travel space that is made available by an airline only shortly before departure: standby passengers.
- noun - one that can be relied on