Scrabble word: SAPPHIC
Is SAPPHIC valid for Scrabble? Check every word game dictionary!
Definitions of SAPPHIC in dictionaries:
- adj - a meter used by Sappho and named after her
- adj - of or relating to or characterized by homosexual relations between woman
- Of or relating to the Greek poet Sappho.
- Of, relating to, or being an Aeolic verse of 11 syllables, consisting of a first part of 4 syllables, a central choriamb, and a final part of 3 syllables.
- Relating to or being a stanza of three such verses followed by a verse consisting of a dactyl followed by a spondee or trochee.
- Relating to or being an ode made up of such stanzas.
- Of, relating to, or being a verse, stanza, or poem in accentual meter composed in imitation of Sapphic quantitative verse.
- A Sapphic meter, verse, stanza, or ode.
- noun - a type of verse form
There are 7 letters in SAPPHIC: A C H I P P S
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to SAPPHIC
Click to search all anagrams of SAPPHIC plus a wildcard: SAPPHIC?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word SAPPHIC
7 letter words
6 letter words
5 letter words
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for SAPPHIC
Lookup in Wiki for SAPPHIC
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.