Scrabble word: SAPPHIC
In which Scrabble dictionary does SAPPHIC exist?
Definitions of SAPPHIC in dictionaries:
- adj - a meter used by Sappho and named after her
- adj - of or relating to or characterized by homosexual relations between woman
- Of or relating to the Greek poet Sappho.
- Of, relating to, or being an Aeolic verse of 11 syllables, consisting of a first part of 4 syllables, a central choriamb, and a final part of 3 syllables.
- Relating to or being a stanza of three such verses followed by a verse consisting of a dactyl followed by a spondee or trochee.
- Relating to or being an ode made up of such stanzas.
- Of, relating to, or being a verse, stanza, or poem in accentual meter composed in imitation of Sapphic quantitative verse.
- A Sapphic meter, verse, stanza, or ode.
- noun - a type of verse form