Scrabble word: PROJECT
In which Scrabble dictionary does PROJECT exist?
Definitions of PROJECT in dictionaries:
- noun - any piece of work that is undertaken or attempted
- noun - a planned undertaking
- verb - communicate vividly
- verb - extend out or project in space
- verb - transfer (ideas or principles) from one domain into another
- verb - project on a screen
- verb - cause to be heard
- verb - draw a projection of
- verb - make or work out a plan for
- verb - present for consideration, examination, criticism, etc.
- verb - imagine
- verb - put or send forth
- verb - throw, send, or cast forward
- verb - regard as objective
- A plan or proposal; a scheme.
- An undertaking requiring concerted effort: a community cleanup project; a government-funded irrigation project.
- An extensive task undertaken by a student or group of students to apply, illustrate, or supplement classroom lessons.
- A housing project.
- To thrust outward or forward: project one’s jaw in defiance.
- To throw forward; hurl: project an arrow.
- To send out into space; cast: project a light beam.
- To cause (an image) to appear on a surface: projected the slide onto a screen.
- To produce (a projection).
- To direct (one’s voice) so as to be heard clearly at a distance.
- To externalize and attribute (an emotion, for example) to someone or something else.
- To convey an impression of to an audience or to others: a posture that projects defeat; projected a positive corporate image.
- To form a plan or an intention for: project a new business enterprise.
- To calculate, estimate, or predict (something in the future), based on present data or trends: projecting next year’s expenses and income.
- To direct one’s voice so as to be heard clearly at a distance.
- verb - to extend outward