Scrabble word: PRESSURE
In which Scrabble dictionary does PRESSURE exist?
Definitions of PRESSURE in dictionaries:
- noun - the force applied to a unit area of surface
- noun - a force that compels
- noun - the act of pressing
- noun - the state of demanding notice or attention
- noun - the somatic sensation that results from applying force to an area of skin
- noun - an oppressive condition of physical or mental or social or economic distress
- noun - the pressure exerted by the atmosphere
- verb - to cause to do through pressure or necessity, by physical, moral or intellectual means :"She forced him to take a job in the city"
- verb - exert pressure on someone through threats
- The act of pressing.
- The condition of being pressed.
- The application of continuous force by one body on another that it is touching; compression.
- P Physics.
- Atmospheric pressure.
- A compelling or constraining influence, such as a moral force, on the mind or will: pressure to conform; peer-group pressure.
- Urgent claim or demand: under the pressure of business; doesn’t work well under pressure.
- An oppressive condition of physical, mental, social, or economic distress.
- A physical sensation produced by compression of a part of the body.
- A mark made by application of force or weight; an impression.
- To force, as by overpowering influence or persuasion.
- To pressurize.
- To pressure-cook.
- verb - to apply force to