Scrabble word: MODERN
In which Scrabble dictionary does MODERN exist?
Definitions of MODERN in dictionaries:
- noun - a contemporary person
- noun - a typeface (based on an 18th century design by Gianbattista Bodoni) distinguished by regular shape and hairline serifs and heavy downstrokes
- adj - belonging to the modern era
- adj - relating to a recently developed fashion or style
- adj - characteristic of present-day art and music and literature and architecture
- adj - ahead of the times
- adj - used of a living language
- Of or relating to recent times or the present: modern history.
- Characteristic or expressive of recent times or the present; contemporary or up-to-date: a modern lifestyle; a modern way of thinking.
- Of or relating to a recently developed or advanced style, technique, or technology: modern art; modern medicine.
- Of, relating to, or being a living language or group of languages: Modern Italian, Modern Romance languages.
- One who lives in modern times.
- One who has modern ideas, standards, or beliefs.
- Any of a variety of typefaces characterized by strongly contrasted heavy and thin parts.
- adv - pertaining to present or recent time [adj -ERNER, -ERNEST] : MODERNLY
- noun - a person of modern times or views