Scrabble word: CENSOR
In which Scrabble dictionary does CENSOR exist?
Definitions of CENSOR in dictionaries:
- noun - someone who censures or condemns
- noun - a person who is authorized to read publications or correspondence or to watch theatrical performances and suppress in whole or in part anything considered obscene or politically unacceptable
- verb - forbid the public distribution of ( a movie or a newspaper)
- verb - subject to political, religious, or moral censorship
- A person authorized to examine books, films, or other material and to remove or suppress what is considered morally, politically, or otherwise objectionable.
- An official, as in the armed forces, who examines personal mail and official dispatches to remove information considered secret or a risk to security.
- One that condemns or censures.
- One of two officials in ancient Rome responsible for taking the public census and supervising public behavior and morals.
- The agent in the unconscious that is responsible for censorship.
- verb - to delete an objectionable word or passage