Scrabble word: BURDEN
In which Scrabble dictionary does BURDEN exist?
Definitions of BURDEN in dictionaries:
- noun - an onerous or difficult concern
- noun - weight to be borne or conveyed
- noun - the central meaning or theme of a speech or literary work
- noun - the central idea that is expanded in a document or discourse
- verb - weight down with a load
- verb - impose a task upon, assign a responsibility to
- Something that is carried.
- Something that is emotionally difficult to bear.
- A source of great worry or stress; weight: The burden of economic sacrifice rests on the workers of the plant.
- A responsibility or duty: The burden of organizing the campaign fell to me.
- The amount of cargo that a vessel can carry.
- The weight of the cargo carried by a vessel at one time.
- To weigh down; oppress.
- The central meaning shared by these nouns is “something that is onerous or troublesome”: the burden of a guilty conscience; indebtedness that is an affliction; illness that is her cross; sitting still, a trial to the very young; domestic tribulations.
- A principal or recurring idea; a theme: “The burden of what he said was to defend enthusiastically the conservative aristocracy” (J.
- The chorus or refrain of a composition.
- The drone of a bagpipe.
- The bass accompaniment to a song.
- verb - to load heavily
There are 6 letters in BURDEN: B D E N R U
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to BURDEN
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word BURDEN plus a wildcard: BURDEN?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word BURDEN
6 letter words
5 letter words
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for BURDEN
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.