Log In to Anagrammer
Scrabble word: BEND
In which Scrabble dictionary does BEND exist?
Definitions of BEND in dictionaries:
- noun - a circular segment of a curve
- noun - movement that causes the formation of a curve
- noun - curved segment (of a road or river or railroad track etc.)
- noun - an angular or rounded shape made by folding
- noun - a town in central Oregon at the eastern foot of the Cascade Range
- noun - diagonal line traversing a shield from the upper right corner to the lower left
- verb - form a curve
- verb - change direction
- verb - cause (a plastic object) to assume a crooked or angular form
- verb - bend one's back forward from the waist on down
- verb - turn from a straight course, fixed direction, or line of interest
- verb - bend a joint
- To bring (something) into a state of tension: bend a bow.
- To cause to assume a curved or angular shape: bend a piece of iron into a horseshoe.
- To force to assume a different direction or shape, according to one’s own purpose: “Few will have the greatness to bend history itself, but each of us can work to change a small portion of events” (Robert F.
- To cause to swerve from a straight line; deflect.
- To render submissive; subdue.
- To apply (the mind) closely: “The weary naval officer goes to bed at night having bent his brain all day to a scheme of victory” (Jack Beatty).
- To fasten: bend a mainsail onto the boom.
- To deviate from a straight line or position: The lane bends to the right at the bridge.
- To assume a curved, crooked, or angular form or direction: The saplings bent in the wind.
- To incline the body; stoop.
- To make a concession; yield.
- To apply oneself closely; concentrate: She bent to her task.
- The act or fact of bending.
- The state of being bent.
- The thick planks in a ship’s side; wales.
- A band passing from the upper dexter corner of an escutcheon to the lower sinister corner.
- A knot that joins a rope to a rope or another object.
- adv - to deviate from straightness [v CURVED, CURVING, CURVES] : CURVEDLY
There are 4 letters in BEND: B D E N
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to BEND
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word BEND plus a wildcard: BEND?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word BEND
Images for BEND
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.