Scrabble word: BEATEN
In which Scrabble dictionary does BEATEN exist?
Definitions of BEATEN in dictionaries:
- noun - a regular route for a sentry or policeman
- noun - the rhythmic contraction and expansion of the arteries with each beat of the heart
- noun - the basic rhythmic unit in a piece of music
- noun - a single pulsation of an oscillation produced by adding two waves of different frequencies
- noun - a member of the beat generation
- noun - the sound of stroke or blow
- noun - (prosody) the accent in a metrical foot of verse
- noun - a regular rate of repetition
- noun - a stroke or blow
- noun - the act of beating to windward
- adj - formed or made thin by hammering
- adj - much trodden and worn smooth or bare
- Formed or made thin by hammering: beaten gold.
- Worn by continuous use; familiar and much traveled: a village located well off the beaten path.
- Totally worn-out; exhausted.
- adj - to strike repeatedly [v BEAT, BEATEN, BEATING, BEATS] : BEATABLE